Tuesday 18 August 2015

wk 33 Crafting Challenge at Digi Choosday - All About The Men


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------<

Happy Choosday everyone

We are delighted to announce that Aunty Sue  and Julie Odil liked us so much when we asked them to Guest Design for us they are now permanent teamies with us whoop whoop!! We are so excited to have them on board full time, so welcome to the team ladies! 
Of course because it’s Digi Choosday it is also discount day!!!!
Your discount code for this week is:
DC5287J
Enter at the checkout and 
SAVE A WHOPPING 25% ON ALL DOWNLOADS
FOR 24HOURS ONLY!
code expires midnight tonight GMT!

Now onto the new challenge from us here at Digi Choosday.

This week the challenge is
All About The Men.
So we want to see your male themed makes this week.

 The GDT’s joining us this week are Sheena McKee  and HippieAud. 
If you would like to join us as a GDT please join in our challenge and add GDT after your name on your entry. Then send us an email to digichoosday@yahoo.com
You can make anything you like, maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.

We give you two weeks to enter so that means the
CLOSING DATE IS 1st September 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 8th September 2015.

PRIZES:
The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 30 can be found at the bottom of this post.


So let’s see what the design team have made for us.


Sheena - For my 1st GDT make I have used the fabulous Winston Collection. I have created lots of layers to add lots of focus.

Audrey -  I have chosen image from Work and Play Vol 11, Skateboarder. Image is colored with Copics. Design paper is from Boys paper in Work and Play Vol. 11 bundle. The skateboard and helmet are from the SVG files in the Work and Play Vol. 11 Bundle and I cut them out of Design paper from more design paper from the Boys paper. Sentiment also included in bundle and cut out of Boys paper. I also added a couple buttons from Bag 'O Buttons.

Scatty Jan  How could I actually resist another owl bag , this time with the focus on golf. I used the fantastic template from Twiggy and Toots Festive collection, adding all the elements and papers from Work and Play 11. The bag I resized to 65% , still a great size to hold a few goodies!


Anjie - This was a cheap MDF oval shape I bought at Summer Crafting and the letters are also MDF but I bought these when I was in New Zealand last year. I used some PVA glue and spread it all over the MDF and used papers from both the Twiggy and Toots everyday, and Twiggy and Toots Festive Fun  collections to cover the MDF. I then cut out some trees, buttons and the fence from the everyday collection and glued them in place. I then cut out some owls and made them 3D by adding a few layers. I also put two layers on two of the trees. I also added some faux stitching around the edges of the plaque and the letters. I added some hooks to the back of it and it is now hung on the wall in Nico's bedroom and he and his mum love it.

Now a few weeks ago when we had our 'Use An Old Collection' challenge I created a teacher card using the female teacher from the Work & Play 3 Collection.  So with that in mind I've now created a male teacher card in exactly the same format but this time using the coloured office guy from Work & Play 2 to make a stepper style card.  I've used the embellishments and the paper from the Work & Play 3 Collection  to make the base of the card.  You can also get the office guy as a black and white digi for you to colour yourself.  

Wendy - I've been a bit frugal this week, when I printed last weeks backing papers from Work & Play 6, I had some left over so I've used it this week too! The Phone/Texter Guy is available on his own here or as part of the complete Work & Play 7 collection.

Jane – Hi everyone!  So for my ‘manly’ make this week I used the arresting (!) POLICEMAN PETE and elements from WORK AND PLAY 3 to create a little crime scene!  The fab brick paper is from WORK AND PLAY 4 and as you can see PETE has skilfully apprehended the perpetrator and saved the day!! Good man! Have a lovely crafty day! xxx


Julie -- this is a big day for me!  I was a guest designer the last two weeks here at Digi Choosday.  I begged and pleaded so much that this lovely group of ladies are letting me stay!  Oh my!  I'm very excited to be part of this fantastic team!  My card today is in honor of my husband.  He loves to ride bicycle.  His "fun" on the weekends is going out for long bike rides -- 50 to 75 miles.  I believe that translates to 100K in British, LOL.  I used Cycling Boy and papers from the Work & Play 4 Collection.


Monica.- For my project I found this lovely "Diver" that is included on Work & Play 4 Collection. The papers, swimming boys border and this beautiful sentiment are also included in the same collection.


Emma - For my boys card i have used the Guitar Boy from WP8 who can be found Here. All of the papers & embellishments are from the full Work & Play 8 collection that can be found Here, I have also used one of the cut files from the collection to do the Rock & Roll cut out.


Aunty Sue - Hi everyone for my card I have decided to use this fab scene from Work & Play 10 called Break Time and the stripe backing paper and sentiment is also from this collection. You can purchase the Cd as a download HERE  and you can also purchase the image which comes as black & white and also coloured HERE. I wanted to show amazing the coloured images are and what fab cards you can make. I printed 2 off and cut some of the elements out on the 2nd sheet to layer up in a decoupage style. I just added some twine to finish off.


Lynda: This week I used a digi stamp called Karate boy with papers and embellishment from the Work & Play 7 Collection. It's available on a CD or as a digital download.    You can also buy the digi stamp separately here.  The little scrabble tiles are from the Work & Play 9 Love & Kisses Collection Hope you have fun Lynda xx 


Great makes from the DT I’m sure you will agree.

Add your entry using the linky tool below.

Now for the winner and top three from week 30 Animals

The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:

# 33 Patty Sue 

Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW030001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:

# 48 Lisa J 

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx