Tuesday 14 October 2014

wk 41 Halloween

Happy Choosday everyone!

Before we get onto this weeks challenge would you please all join us in welcoming a new teamie on board, a huge warm welcome to the lovely Tanya Miller  We look forward to working with you.
And don’t forget we also still have the DT call running until 20th October. See last weeks post for details. 

It’s almost the spookiest time of the year, a time for ghosties, ghoulies and other scary things to come knocking at your door! Will you be tricking and treating or just handing out tricks or treats to visitors?
To get you in the mood the challenge we have for you this week is


Halloween. 

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.
You have until 28th October to enter and the winner will be announced on 4th November, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store)



The winners from week 38 Buttons can be found at the bottom of this post.

Now let’s see the spooky delights the team have made for us for this weeks challenge!

Anjie - Instead of a card this week I thought I'd do some home decor so have made a canvas to hang on the wall. The image is cute little Amelia Witch and is coloured in with my Graph'It Markers. The rest of the elements on the canvas are from the Witchie Witchie download bundle. You can see all the details about the colour Graph'It's I used and how I made it on my blog.


Scatty Jan Just can't beat a bit of Halloween. I have used the lovely Witchie Goth, coloured  her with Graphic markers, (I just love the oranges) and placed her on the side of my Boo Lantern.


Wendy - Halloween to me means bold, dark colours, totally out of my comfort zone! I've used a fabulous backing paper from Witchie Witchie bundle, as are the embellishments. The image is Kitty Kat, part of Nikkys new Halloween themed Digistamps. The moon is a simple circle of card, gently coloured with Yellow Ochre Pan Pastel.

Crafting Vicky  I was wondering what I could do that would be a bit different... and then I came across the great image  Jack Pirate from the Bonbon Belles CD.  I paired him with some papers from Pretty Sweet collection that I changed colors in my Word document for more orange.

Julie - I wanted to make something other than a card for this challenge so decided to make this witches hat - The gorgeous image I have used is called Amelia Witch Toad and the papers are both from the Witchy Witchy download bundle, in fact everything on this witches, hat apart from the witch image and bow with dazzler in the centre, is from the great value for money (at only £3.49) Witchy Witchy download bundle



So this is my very first project as new DT member for Digi Choosday and also a first for making a Halloween inspired project too!!  For this theme I have made an 8x8 square card and have used the digi image called Witchie coloured using  Graph Its and the background is from Witchie Witchie Download Bundle 2013 finished off with Trick Or Treat lettering and spider from Sundae of Seasons CD  and a helping of Cosmic Shimmer glitter glue and a length of chiffon purple ribbon, from my crafty stash.



Yvonne - Hi there - well this week I made my very first Halloween card.............ever!!! I know! I also did another first and that was create my own background with Distress Inks!! I then put both of these things together. Honestly, the projects that I have done that I would never have dreamed of trying before, if I wasn't in a DT.  Anyway, onto the exciting bits.  I opted to use the image of Witchie Skeleton Digi Image which I coloured using my Graph'It Markers and you can see the range here.  I then used some of the images from the fantastic Witchy Witch Bundle.  Great bundle at a fantastic price!!!!  Hppe you like my first ever Hallloween card - see you next time!

Great makes from everyone I'm sure you will agree!

And now for the winners from week 38 Buttons
The winner chosen at random is:


please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk41001wk38 to claim your prize of a free digi.


And the top 3, in no particular order, chosen by the design team are:

# 18 Gail PN 

Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx